Tuesday, 25 August 2026

Memories of Gwennie: Treasures from Next Door.

 The meeting on Tuesday 1st September is a talk by Kathryn Battye entitled “Memories of Gwennie: Treasures from Next Door “. 

Kathryn’s mother Gwennie died at the age of 97 and Kathryn was responsible for clearing out her house which was next door to her own. She found many items she had no idea her mother had created and kept, and she is going to share these treasures with us.



 


Meetings take place upstairs in Alsager Library from 2 pm. Visitors welcome.



I will be bringing to the meeting sales table items bequeathed to ACS by Jean Thornton. Any money raised will be paid into the ACS account and will help to keep us solvent for a while longer. I’m not pricing anything and just wish you to donate as much as you feel items are worth to you. I don’t want to be taking much home with me.


No comments: